This is your opportunity to become part of a unique organization. Join our family of 90+ volunteers and enjoy the experience of volunteering at one of Springfield’s most interesting treasures.
Volunteer Positions at the Heritage Center
If you are interested in becoming a Heritage Center Volunteer or would like more information, please call 324-0657.
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE:
- Greet visitors, answer questions regarding facilities, locations and special events.
- Have visitors sign the quest-book.
- Provide information regarding other points of interest in community.
- Occasionally, answer and route phone calls for entire facility.
- View security monitors.
- Supervised by the staff.
- Monitor galleries and other public places in the Center to answer questions and monitor safety and security of our visitors and artifacts.
- Conduct tours as needed, some of which may be pre-scheduled.
- Report to staff any misconduct in museum requiring immediate action.
- Supervised by the Director of Collections and Educational Director.
- Prior to the tour, review Education Director’s summary of Ohio Academic Content Standards & Benchmarks for specific grade level indicators.
- Welcome students, teachers, and chaperones.
- Introduce galleries and themes to group focusing on teachers’ requests of emphasis on specific topics.
- Assist in visits to the gift shop and de-briefing activities at the end of the tour.
- Supervised by the Education Director.
MUSEUM STORE ASSOCIATE:
- Operate cash register and assist customers.
- Assist in stocking, arranging inventory.
- Under supervision of the staff.
- Work with curators to serve the public with written and web research requests.
- Assisting at the visitors’ desk in the library with walk-in traffic.
- Work with curators to organize and maintain library and archives.
- Occasional research for exhibit preparation.
- Supervised and trained by the curatorial staff.
Fill out the form below if you’re interested in becoming a Heritage Center Volunteer!