- About the Library and Archives
- Researcher Checklist – Download a copy to help plan your visit to the Library and Archives!
- Browse our Archival Collections
- Browse our Library Materials
- Submit a Research Request
- Connect with the Clark County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
Looking for local history? Look no further. Our professional staff and trained volunteers in the Fisher Family Library will assist you in your research project. Click here to find out about our research fees.
The Clark County Historical Society is one of the largest local historical societies in the state of Ohio, possessing an impressive collection of both archival material and artifacts:
- The Society owns over 6,000 linear feet of archival materials including manuscripts, organizational records, personal papers, newspapers, maps, blueprints, and microflim resources.
- The Society has over 2,000 non-circulating library materials available for perusal in our research library. These materials include city directories, early family indexes, family geneaologies, county histories, cemetery records, war histories, military indexes, immigrant indexes, census indexes, and various histories of other Ohio counties and U.S. states.
- The Society has over 200,000 objects in its artifact collection. Artifact groups include military items, fashions, furniture, and locally-manufactured products such as agricultural implements, International trucks and a Westcott automobile.
- The society actively collects archival and artifactual materials that assist with the interpretation of Clark County history. If you would like to consider a donation to the Society’s collections please contact Director of Collections Virginia Weygandt at (937) 324-0657, extension 224