Library and Archives Use and Service Fees
1. The price of photocopies is $0.25 per page for photocopies, microfilm and printer printouts, and document scans and B & W. Color photocopies and printer printouts are $.50 per page.
2. Research requests completed by Archives staff or volunteers for researchers unable to come to the research library to do research in person are subject to a research fee of $20.00 per hour (minimum one hour). This fee applies to all requests received by mail, email, phone, or communicated in person.
3. We offer a full range of digital copying services, including scanning, color printing, CD burning, etc. These services can only be used to copy materials from the library and archives. Patrons ARE NOT permitted to take photographs or use portable scanners in the Library, unless the items desired in unable to be scanned due to size or condition; must be approved by staff. Fees in this case are $.25 per scan or $.25 per photograph as counted by researcher.
PHOTOGRAPHIC AND ARCHIVAL REPRODUCTION AND USE FEES
Reproductions of material from the collections of the Clark County Historical Society are provided under license agreement for purposes indicated in writing by the user and agreed upon by the CCHS. Conditions governing use are specified on a contractual agreement generated by the CCHS and must be signed by the user and a designated representative of the CCHS.
The Clark County Historical Society makes images and archival material available on a non-exclusive basis for use only in a single, specified production or project. Reproductions as described herein, furnished by CCHS, may not be resold, licensed, rented, or reused in any other production or for any purpose other than that specified in the Statement of Intended Use.
All requests for reuse or change in use must be applied for in writing. Reuse fees may be charged at the discretion of the CCHS.
All requests for reproduction must be submitted to Director of Collections or to the Curator of Library and Archives. The Clark County Historical Society reserves the right to refuse any request. No original photographic images will be allowed out of the building.
Documents = $.25 per page
Photographs = $4.00 per scan (standard resolution)
NOTE: multiple images CAN be scanned at once, whatever can fit into space of 11×17 scanning bed. If you would like the raw scan of multiple images scanned together to cut apart, crop, and edit yourself, there is no additional fee. If you want the images cut apart and cropped, there is an additional .50 per image fee.
If images are already scanned and available, the cost is a flat $2.00 per image.
Patrons are not permitted to take photographs or use portable scanners, unless otherwise approved by staff if warranted by the situation. Fees in this case are $.25 per scan or $.25 per photograph as counted by researcher.
Delivery: $5.00/CD; $5.00 by mail; $1.00 via email; Free if saved to personal drive
Additional use fees up to $10/image may apply for printed publications, exhibition, and video use.
Images should be credited as:
The Archives of the Clark County Historical Society, Springfield, Ohio
CONTRACT FOR THE USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC MATERIAL FROM THE COLLECTION OF THE CLARK COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The following Conditions govern the use of any photographic or archival material from the collections of the Clark County Historical Society, Springfield, Ohio.
1. The archival and/or photographic copy may be used only once and for the purpose listed in the “Statement of Intended Use.” A separate and/ or subsequent use must be applied for in writing. Reuse fees may be charged at the discretion of the CCHS.
2. The material must be properly credited. The following is the base credit line: The Archives of the Clark County Historical Society, Springfield, Ohio. This credit line and the caption shall be used either adjacent to the illustration or in a place devoted to credits.
3. There must be an indication in the caption or label of any and all changes or alterations that have been made to the original copy, including cropping, tinting, or detailing. All alterations must be approved in writing.
4. User may not permit others to reproduce the copy or any facsimile of it.
5. In authorizing the reproduction of works within its collections, the Clark County Historical Society does not surrender its own right to publish or to grant permission to others to do so.
6. The Clark County Historical Society reserves the right to limit the number of images; to restrict the use of reproduction of rare or valuable materials; and to charge different fees than the one published as of 01/2018.
7. The granting of permission to publish by the Society does not absolve users of materials from securing permission from copyright owners and payment of such additional fees as the owners may require if the Society does not own copyright or if the material is not in the public domain. Applicants assume responsibility for questions of copyright and invasion of privacy that may arise in copying and in the use made of the copy.
8. Reproduction in violation of any of the terms of this contract will result in withdrawal of all permission to reproduce and other action where appropriate.
9. All material is made available on a non-exclusive basis for use only in a single, specified project or production. Material furnished by the Society may not be resold, licensed, rented, or reused in another production or for any other purpose other than that specified in the statement of intended use.
10. Photographic orders are processed in the order in which they are received and upon receipt by the Curatorial Department of the signed original copy of the Statement of Intended Use accompanied by full payment of use and reproduction fees. Please order well in advance of your need since completion dates are only estimates and cannot be specifically guaranteed.
11. Any special conditions listed on this contract supersede the terms and conditions stated to the extent noted.