Artifact donations provide an invaluable resource for visitors, researchers, and Heritage Center staff. As a local historical society, it is important to continually collect materials which add to our understanding of our shared past. If you have an artifact (or a collection of artifacts) you’d like to donate, please fill out the form below or call us to schedule a meeting with our Curatorial staff.
What Do We Collect?
Please note, we are no longer accepting:
- Springfield News-Sun Newspapers
- Bricks or stones from former buildings
How To Donate
Step 1: Contact our Collections staff.
Fill out the form or call (937) 324-0657.
- If you’re looking to donate a large collection or a collection of objects, contact our Curator, Kasey Eichensehr at ext. 227.
- If you’re looking to donate photos and/or documents, call our Archivist, Natalie Fritz at ext. 234 or email email@example.com.
- Not sure? You can contact our Registrar, Rachel Whyte, at ext. 224.
Detailed descriptions & photos are always helpful and very much appreciated when contacting our Collections staff.
Step 2: Schedule an appointment.
If our staff wishes to accept your donation of an artifact, then we’d like to schedule an appointment with you if you’re in the area!
If you’re not a resident of Clark County, then you may want to ship your artifact to us. Use any postal service you are comfortable with, but we recommend that you elect for insurance and tracking. Please do not send or drop off anything without first reaching out to our Curator.
Clark County Historical Society
117 S. Fountain Avenue
Springfield, OH 45502
Step 3: Sign a deed of gift.
If your item is accepted for donation, our Registrar will have you sign or mail out a Deed of Gift. A Deed of Gift is a legal document that confirms the donation of an artifact to the museum. Please sign one copy and return to us using the stamped envelope included in the correspondence.
Artifact Donation Form